Financial and Business Management for the Doctor of Nursing Practice
Awarded second place in the 2013 AJN Book of the Year Awards in the Advanced Practice Nursing category
“Finally, a definitive financial management book geared to nursing professionals who need to know health care finance in non-CPA terms. Dr. Waxman has organized excellent authors who are knowledgeable about their topic and address the issues using real-life examples that make sense to nursing professionals…I am thrilled to see [that] Dr. Waxman has used her knowledge and skills in producing a book that has been on my to-do list for years.”
-Roxanne Spitzer, PhD, MBA, RN, FAAN Editor in Chief, Nurse Leader
Now more than ever, nurse leaders must be proficient in understanding the financial aspects of health care. This unique text, designed specifically for the DNP course in health care economics and finance, is the only book to embed economic and financial concepts in the context of nursing practice and nursing care systems. It offers a practical approach to business, finance, economics, and health policy that is designed to foster sound business and leadership skills within our complex health care system―skills that will enable the DNP graduate to improve the quality of health care delivery while reducing costs and improving outcomes.
Key Topics Covered:
Economics of health care • Insurance coverage • Reimbursement • Policy • Budgeting •Strategic planning • Quality • Data analysis • Ethics • Entrepreneurship • Marketing • Business plan development • Project management • Grant writing • Teaching financial management • Global health
- Offers multiple real-life examples
- Examines the economic and financial implications of evidence-based practice and quality improvement by focusing on ambulatory and acute care clinical research and quality initiatives
- Enables students to understand the cost of care as it relates to the quality of care and ethics
- Includes special section on finance for independent practitioners
- Incorporates critical thinking questions for students at different levels
- Addresses the required competencies designated in the AACN Essentials of Doctoral Education for Advanced Nursing Practice, as well as those set forth by the AONE
Springer Publishing Company, LLC
Waxman, KT, "Financial and Business Management for the Doctor of Nursing Practice" (2013). READ Book Gallery. 19.